Local History Group 2
- Our group has embarked on a range of visits to historical sites, of various kinds, chosen and organised by members. Some locations, like that to Solihull School, have been very local, whilst others take us farther afield. Over the past year, there has been a visit each month: days of the week and destinations are varied to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to participate. Wherever possible, we use a Guide on site to take us round and provide information.
- We use public transport, where feasible, or sort out car sharing.
- The schedule usually includes either lunch or a very popular ‘tea & cake’!
- Planning meetings take place at regular intervals to discuss our programme.
- A lunch is organised each December, in a local pub, to enhance the social aspect of the group
- Joint visits, with other SSU3A groups, take place occasionally.
Severn Valley Railway (Steam train and museum).
Black Country Museum.
Technical Rescue Fire Squad (based at NEC).
Christmas at Aston Hall
First post Lockdown Trip to Droitwich Spa was organised by Jeanine and Christine